The Imperial Gem Court of Boise, Idaho, shall establish an emergency medical assistance fund to be known as the Jim Moore Emergency Medical Assistance Fund or “Jimmy Fund” as a separate fund within the Court. The Jimmy Fund shall be for the express purpose of providing short-term medical assistance for individuals living with HIV/AIDS.
- The Privy Council shall be the Trustees for the Fund.
- The Privy Council shall endeavor to raise money for the Fund.
- Jimmy Fund, which shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- A single claim shall not exceed $200.
- A maximum of $500 per claimant/per fiscal year will be allowed. The fiscal year of The Imperial Sovereign Gem Court of Boise, Idaho, August 1 through July 31.
- A Jimmy Moore Fund review committee shall be elected by the Privy Council consisting of five (5) Administrators each year. Requests for emergency medical assistance must be authorized by the Jimmy Moore Fund Administrators before the service is provided. The Administrators shall have the power to review and either accepts totally, accept partially, or reject any claim as well as reduce the maximum single claim and fiscal year amount as conditions arise. The Committee shall reject any claims that are submitted without prior approval. No monies shall be given directly to any individual claimant. Claims shall be on a form approved by Privy Council.
- Claims shall be reviewed upon deliverance to the committee, but at least once a week.
- The approval of any medical claim and the amount approved shall be delivered to the Court Treasurer for payment. General Court approval of checks from this Emergency Fund shall not be required. The account number for the claimant shall appear on the Court check.
- Monies approved shall be sent by check by mail to the medical facility or doctor.
- The Treasurer of the I.G.C.B.I. Board of Directors shall review the claims on a quarterly basis.
- The fund may not borrow from any other Court fund to pay any claim approved, nor may any claim other than an approved medical claim for funds may be taken from this fund.
Every possible effort will be made to assure a claimant’s right to privacy and medical confidentiality. A breach of confidentiality by any court member will result in formal misconduct charges being brought against that individual Court member.
Beginning with the 26th Reign, the Reigning Monarchs of the Imperial Sovereign Gem Court of Boise, Idaho, shall hold a dedicated fundraiser for the Jim Moore Emergency Medical Assistance Fund or “Jimmy Fund”.
The Jimmy Moore Fund Administrators shall jointly be responsible for organizing the annual Idaho Cares Show for the benefit of the Jimmy Moore Fund.